e-BUOW Managed by Wild At Heart - Cave Creek, AZ
Where You Get To Report Burrowing Owl Locations To Help Keep This Raptor Safe
If you are reporting a location where a Burrowing Owl is in immediate danger and you feel the owl may die, please call Wild At Heart at 480-595-5047 for rescue assistance and advice.
Help Getting Started - How To Show Us Where You Saw a Burrowing Owl
1. Use a link to get a map in the same region where you found the Burrowing Owl to report.
2. The Google Map "hand" tool is shown over the map. Hold left-click down and drag the map while holding
left-click and make the center of the map the location where the owl was seen. It is possible to drag the map
anywhere you need it in North America to find a Burrowing Owl map location.
3. Use the Google Map vertical "Zoom" tool to see more detail at the center of the map. It is usually best to
click on the "+" at the top of the Zoom tool to zoom in a little and then drag the map to keep the owl
location at the center.
4. Zoom-in as close as possible, in some maps the detail is so good from the satellite map that the exact spot
where the owl is living can be found. Get as close as you can.
5. Once you have found the spot you are looking for Left-Click once on the spot. This will bring up a small
form for you to fill in. Give your owl location a name that reflects near where it was found, like a street address,
road intersection, canal, culvert, farm, and so forth. If you make a mistake use the "x" box to start over.
6. Please put in the date when you saw the owl, not the date when you filled in the information.
7. If you put in your email address we can check with you to be sure this is a valid location. We have to
do something to weed out markers inserted for no good reason. Once you save and leave the map page the email
address will not appear again. You can click on the marker you added after you leave and come back, the
email address will not be there.
Thank you for helping Wild At Heart so we can help out the Burrowing Owls.
Back to the map